- In the admin component of your shop under: Module → Zahlungsoptionen → Rechnung (BillPay) or Lastschrift (BillPay) click “Installieren”.
- Enter your merchant account credentials and select “Testmodus”.
The test orders should contain umlauts or other diacritics in the customer address and article name, at least 2 articles, a coupon and shipping costs. For the payment method invoice (B2B and/or B2C), please place 2 test orders.
(If your shop does not offer coupons or charge for shipping, then it is not necessary to include these.)
Open the order details in the admin component of your shop and set the status of the order to „BillPay aktiviert“. In the comment field, you should now see the BillPay bank account details (when invoice is the payment method).
- BillPay’s bank account information should automatically appear on the order confirmation. Please forward the order confirmation mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are making use of standard invoicing, BillPay´s bank account information will automatically appear in the invoice. Send a copy of the invoice to email@example.com.
- Modifying Third-party Invoices
- If you are using a third party invoice plug-in, please note that BillPay dynamically assigns a bank account for every order (more info).
- In order to limit the confusion for the end customer, please remove your own bank details from the invoice.
Set the status of the order in the order details to „BillPay storniert“.
Please repeat the compliance test (starting at Step 3) for all contractually agreed upon BillPay payment methods und countries. Please inform us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org of your completion of our compliance tests. In your email, please provide us with the URL of your shop. We will independently test the inclusion of the terms and conditions, payment methods and logos. If everything checks out, we will send you the access credentials for our live system.